Moving to Ferntree Gully is a great idea, and with the help of a buyers agent can be easy to manage and efficient.
I moved to Ferntree Gully just one month ago. It is a quiet leafy suburb very close to the wonderful rainforest parks that I love to visit. I wanted a spacious home with a yard that wasn’t part of a prefabricated community. The local residents seem very welcoming and eco-conscious. I still have ready access to all the normal conveniences of inner urban life (i was previously in Brunswick) but the quiet feeling of a retreat in my own home when I need it.
Kate and the kids.
There are a low number of listings available in Ferntree Gully on the market, around 25 as we speak, highly likely there would be another 5-120 off market in negotiation at present. January will see the property market increase in this area.
Here are a few sample sales in Ferntree Gully over the last 4 weeks, it has been a bit quiet in general.
- Edina Rd was a 3 bedroom house for $443,000 sold at auction by Biggin & Scott Knox
- Orna St another 3 bedroom house sold at auction for $690,000 by Barry Plant
- St Elmo Av a nice result for the vendor, this 4 bedroom house creeping over the $1M mark to $1,050,000 via provate sale method sold by Harcourts
- In Chestnut Ave, a great 4 bedroom family house sold by private sale for $750,000 by Harcourts
Ferntree Gully VIC 3156
- 2016 Median Sale Price House = $613k
- 2016 Median Price Change House (1 yr) 15.57%
- 2016 Median Gross Yield House 3.2%
- 2016 Median Sale Price Apartment = $460k
- 2016 Median Price Change Apartment (1 yr) 9.79%
- 2016 Median Gross Yield Apartment 3.9%
Some interesting facts about Ferntree Gully
- Ferntree Gully has a lot more high density housing introduced over the last few years, you’ll find that there’s a heap of subdivision going on.
- Ferntree Gully is approximately 17 square kms.
- It has 36 parks covering nearly 14% of total area.
- Shane Warne was born in Upper Ferntree Gully in 1969
- There have been 344 Houses sold in Ferntree Gully in the past 12 months with a median sale price of $620K, up 9.73% annually.
- It takes on average 36 days to sell with vendor discounting of -4.07%.
Bayswater, Boronia, Ferntree Gully, Knoxfield, Lysterfield, Rowville, Sassafras, Scoresby, Studfield, The Basin, Upper Ferntree Gully, Wantirna and Wantirna South.